Sad Les Paul Owner :(

Ryan.

• Members

Yes, in fairness the set-up and so on isn't the best example I could have chosen. My point was more that things like crappy switches that cut out and knobs that don't fit on properly are just plain bad quality control, and lots of manufacturers manage to do a lot better, even on cheaper models. There's a reason why Gibson get pilloried for this stuff, and it's because they deserve to be.

• Members

I'd check the nut with regard to the tuning problems. Especially if it tends to go sharp or you can hear the nut binding while tuning.

My brother's Studio came with a RIDICULOUSLY badly cut nut, it was binding like crazy with stock string gauges. After refinishing the slots with nut files and all the problems are gone. Wonderful guitar now.

• Members

Yes, in fairness the set-up and so on isn't the best example I could have chosen. My point was more that things like crappy switches that cut out and knobs that don't fit on properly are just plain bad quality control, and lots of manufacturers manage to do a lot better, even on cheaper models. There's a reason why Gibson get pilloried for this stuff, and it's because they deserve to be.

That was my point. THings like the PRS SE models make you ask why a mid to lower level Gibson would have things like bad or mis-fitting parts, leave alone a proper nut or setup.

Archived