TC Electronic Nova System someone ???

Misha

• Members

I'm kind of gassing for one! :facepalm:

It's supposed to sound good but is it still the best sounding unit available on the market? (It came in 2008 if I remember well... )

I'm more interested in the modulation effects but the fact that is has overdrive/distortion is also nice.

• Members

I had one but sold it and got a Line 6 X3 live. Why? Well I loved the effects...BUT....I play live and it took almost TWO SECONDS to change to a different effect each time I wanted to change effects!

That is WAY too long for me to wait in a choir situation where I have to have the effects able to be called up instantly.

As far as a studio situation it would be great, but I hate it for live situations because of the delay in changing patches.

So I guess it depends on what you use it for. But for me, I had to have something that changed patches faster.

• Members

As far as firmware you would have to ask TC Electronics about that and yes, I got one of the first ones, but I do not think that they have changed. Though I could be wrong. I would play around on one in a store and see if it has improved any or if it is as much of a deal to you as it was to me.

I really, really wanted to like the unit, but I simply could not use it for live gigs!

• Members

I had one but sold it and got a Line 6 X3 live. Why? Well I loved the effects...BUT....I play live and it took almost TWO SECONDS to change to a different effect each time I wanted to change effects!

That is WAY too long for me to wait in a choir situation where I have to have the effects able to be called up instantly.

As far as a studio situation it would be great, but I hate it for live situations because of the delay in changing patches.

So I guess it depends on what you use it for. But for me, I had to have something that changed patches faster.

I've only had mine for a while and haven't played live with it yet, but I wanted to hopefully clarify something Mygolfcart said. There are 3 footswitches available in each assignable bank of preset effects. If I change presets on the same bank, then it switches immediately. If I have to go to a different bank of presets, then it takes longer than 2 seconds. So, if I arrange presets in groups of 2 or 3 that I plan to use in the same song, then I have the ability to change instantly. It's possible that, due to my style of playing, there's a slight delay I'm not noticing. I've read other people who had trouble getting it to switch between beats (which in most cases would be less than a second). Again, I haven't needed that capability.

Archived