One word, RUSH!!!

ak47dragunov

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The majority of what I listen to is instrumental. But when the emotional content of the words work with the emotional content of the music, it is undeniable. Porcupine Tree's "Anesthetize" from Fear of a Blank Planet is a perfect example.

But to say that you don't respect language???
:cop:
{censored} dude, you say more words in a day than you inhale. Words are how you interact with the world...how can you not respect them and their usage? They are just as capable of creating "vibrations and emotions" as music.....

Problem is that you often get deep words in boring music, or vice/versa, thereby decreasing their effectiveness....but when they meet together it is synergy....

Henri Michaux might have failed with his "lines and bugs" experiment, but notes, hugs, vibrations and colors do mean more to me than words.

Synergy is wonderful, but music with a nice vocal melody is good enough for me most of the time. Not a deal breaker. Of course, the music that moves me the most has that synergy you speak of, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Oh, and I speak very little. :p

Porcupine Tree, eh?

• Members
because finely crafted poetry and prose is incredibly rare; and as such - incredibly inspiring to hear. i have a lot more respect for an artist with the talent to beautifully craft words within a song than some moron just screaming unintelligible bull{censored} that doesn't mean anything or is so incredibly juvenile it couldn't possibly appeal to anyone with an IQ over 40.

though, these days where it seems 95% of the united states is completely incapable of implementing proper usage of even the most remedial grammar ... i can't say i'm surprised there's so little respect or value for elegant writing anymore.

carry on, tough guys.

:lol::lol::lol::thu:

• Members

Rush is still my favortie band. Sure, it's obvious they are great musicians, but you also gotta respect that they have pretty much done their own thing since the mid 1970s. Like'em or not, they just seem to keep plugging along doin' what they do.

I think their professionalism has to be admired as well. While their live performances are not really spontaneous (and some view this as a bad thing), it's obvious that they go outa their way to give a good performance.

I kinda wish that Neil woulda went in another direction as far as lyrical content with these new songs. They seem rather "Snakes and Arrows Part IIish" for me.......

Archived