String question - Acoustic/Elec/Scale length

knotty

• Members

Ok

I have a Crafter acoustic strung with Martin (initialy believed to be 9's not the case now)- it has a 26 inch scale.

I have a 20th Anniv. std 24 PRS (currently 9's) - 25 inch scale ( Dunlop)

Also a Lonestar Strat and 2 other 25.5 inch scale all with 9's. ( All blocked trems) All Rotos

I love the feel of the tension on the Crafter. I feel more positive and dont tend to push the strings out of the way or out of tune.

What would you suggest to replicate that feel across all my guitars.

Is it Do-able?

Is it just a straight switch to 10's? :cool:

Problem solved, I now doubt the authenticity of the Martin strings & from the source they could be anything! Dont listen to 19 year olds!:facepalm:

• Members

Thanks for the above guys but surely somebody here has gone through the same process.
Is there any reference source that tells the in (standard) tune tensions of strings for different scale lengths?

Surely 'hit and miss' is not our only option.:cool:

• Members

Thanks for the above guys but surely somebody here has gone through the same process.

Is there any reference source that tells the in (standard) tune tensions of strings for different scale lengths?

There probably is somewhere,I'm more in the ,"see how a particular guitar feels with these strings " camp.

Just because it works on paper,doesn't mean it translates across to real life.

• Members

There probably is somewhere,I'm more in the ,"see how a particular guitar feels with these strings " camp.

Just because it works on paper,doesn't mean it translates across to real life.

Good point.

I have dug out the info anyway. See other thread if you are interested.

Archived