My latest eBay acquisition (how hopeless is this?)

soldierblue

• Members

http://gogogiantrobot.com/images/IMAG0009.jpg

No, that was not in the description. On one hand, my understanding is that kind of counter clockwise twist is "common" with Norlin-era necks, or somesuch. It plays perfectly (seriously, I don't even know how). The guys is being totally cool about it. I can either ask for a portion of money back or send it right back to him (he says he never noticed it). Common sense tells me to run for the hills, but just for {censored}s and giggles, how much should I ask for back? (I paid $1500, for the record).

:facepalm:

I've always wanted one JUST like it too.

• Members

I'd like to see read opinions on that very subject. I have a Tele neck with the same problem...

A guy on mylespaul who people were saying was the the guy to listen to on the subject was implying that is was "very" common and saying it will play fine with a refret and a setup, both of which this one already has had done.

• Members

so it's a Gibson LP Deluxe finished in natural, refretted and routed for humbuckers? what are the pickups in there now? what year is it? IMO, $1500 is on the high side given what's been done to it, but i've been there before for a guitar i really wanted so don't take that the wrong way.

i find it very hard to believe that the previous owner never noticed the severely warped neck. if it truly is your dream guitar, try to go for a partial refund. i'm guessing, but suspect it would cost at least $350 to have that neck straightened (depending on where you're located and which luthier you commission). more if they have to steam off the fretboard, replace the truss rod and plane the neck.

• Members

A guy on mylespaul who people were saying was the the guy to listen to on the subject was implying that is was "very" common and saying it will play fine with a refret and a setup, both of which this one already has had done.

i agree it's common, but i have issue with someone suggesting that a refret and setup will make things right.

• Members

From the photo's, it looks like the headstock is twisted, not the neck. This could be why it plays well.

It would {censored} me looking at it though, if it was mine.

I would get a quote to fix it in writing and send it to the seller. That would improve your chances of getting some cash back.

Good luck!

• Members

From the photo's, it looks like the headstock is twisted, not the neck. This could be why it plays well.

It would {censored} me looking at it though, if it was mine.

I would get a quote to fix it in writing and send it to the seller. That would improve your chances of getting some cash back.

Good luck!

he seems right...

Archived