does anyone own or has played this ibanez RG355ozm???

fuzzylogic220

• Members

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=582718

Im concidering buying this guitar and was wondering if anyone here had any input on it. Im wanting a shreeder guitar to work on my old chops with.

Is this a good guitar for vai, satch, petrucci stuff?

Is there another guitar in this price range that would be better?

any info as to the pickups and playability would be cool. as i cant find one in my area to try out

thanks in advance

• Members

Ibanez Prestige guitars are great, but I'd get a used one and save a lot of money.

For some reason they have horrible resale value, so you should be able to find one comparable for a lot less than $1500, which in my opinion is ridiculous for that guitar anyway. You should be able to get a new one for at least 15-20% off that, or like I said, a used one for even less.

• Members

Did you mean the RG3550MZ? If so, then yes, I have one and it's killer. The pickups are genuine DiMarzios (Air Norton neck, True Velvet (sc) middle and Tone Zone bridge) the neck is a super wizard prestige maple neck (really thin) and it plays great. It comes with the Edge Zero bridge which just does not EVER go out of tune. What's not to like?

Is it a good guitar for vai, satch petrucci stuff? Well there's no real difference between this and a Jem other than the goofy handle. So its a good substitute for less dough. But Satch plays a signature JS model and Petrucci plays his own signature Ernie Ball, so I have no clue how they would really compare.

Are there better guitars for the money? Depends on who you ask. RG fans will say no. RG haters will say yes. Only you can answer that for yourself. I have a pile of guitars and this is easily one of the top two.

P2191374_edited.jpg

Archived