Opinions On This LP Style Guitar

Steadfastly

• Members

Agile killer!

Nice looking guitar. It's impossible to tell what it would sound like from internet clips. You can get a general idea of the range of tones, but you're never gonna hear the nuances that separate great guitars from their inferior cousins.

• Members

Agile killer!

Nice looking guitar. It's impossible to tell what it would sound like from internet clips. You can get a general idea of the range of tones, but you're never gonna hear the nuances that separate great guitars from their inferior cousins.

That is a point, for sure.

• Moderators

Thats a Jack and Danny Bros guitar, see the J&D on the headstock?

Lots of stuff out there on them

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jack+and+danny+ls500&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

[YOUTUBE]n3PqQ-zKPWA[/YOUTUBE]

They are a Taiwanese concern, with a very good rep for producing nice guitars, and to whoever said that 9/16" maple cap is too much the original Gibson spec was 3/4" at the thickest point.

• Members

They're from Taiwan, their factories are most likely in China.

Thanks for the URL. I had that saved awhile ago but lost it.

One of the things about the guitar appeals to me is that the neck is just a smidjit under 1 3/4" at the nut (1.725"). Having large fingers, that is important to me. Some of the Agiles are perhaps just as nice but the necks are 1 5/8", which I find on the small side.

• Members

Multi laminate bodies, wood that looks or doesn't like mahogany gobs of glue and plastic finish. They sell for as low as 200 euros (about 240$). Pickups almost immediately get changed. Headstock angle is not gibson grade...

For the price they can't be beat.

Archived