Any NEW 24 3/4 or 25 scale stoptail shredders?

Honkers

• Members

:wave:

I'm use to playing a Les Paul, but it's time to add something new to the arsenal. I'm in the market for a new guitar and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a new shredder? I'd like to get one that is 24 3/4 length and with a stoptail if at all possible (I can deal with a floyd, though, if need be). However, I'm unsure if anything outside of a Dean exists. I think Jackson may offer some models but I can't remember the exact ones off the top of my head. I don't have a problem with Dean, but I'm just wondering if there are any other options out there? I like the Gibson Axcess, but it's too pricey for me (my budget is probably around 1000-1500 price after haggling).

What would you recommend for a good shred guitar? Throw out some suggestions even if they don't match up with the scale length and the stoptail.

I also thought about taking a cheap strat of mine that doesn't get much use and superstrating it out (buying a new neck, tuners, tremolo, pickups, etc etc) but I hadn't done that before and by the time I did it, it just might be easier to buy a new guitar.

Any suggestions?

• Members

finding a superstrat with a 24.75" scale is gonna be a pain in the ass
. you could always get one that uses a proper fender size neck pocket and just buy a 24.75" conversion neck from warmoth though.

Yeah, I'm finding that out. :lol:

Actually, I was considering the Warmoth conversion neck but I haven't heard much about it. I was really just curious as to if they even made shredders like that anymore. I might just stick with the 25.5 scale length if it gets to be too big of a pain in the ass.

• Members

Why not get a Gibson V or SG? Similar to a LP, but better upper fret access.

I've considered the V but I might go with a King USA if that's my option. The Gibson SG's that I have played have a boat for a neck and didn't feel as comfortable as my Les. I know that there is a 60's neck SG that I haven't got to try yet though.

As for the Horus, that would be really cool to try out. I'll have to do some research on them as I don't know much about them.

• Members

Well, I have to say, I LOVE my Ibamez RGT42 hard tail.

Neck profile feels like a 60's Gibson neck to me, and it's all mahogany...it really reminds of a Gibbo sorted for shredders.

I LOVE LP's, and this is my shredder of choice, unless I need a trem.

DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2018.jpg

DSCF2022.jpg

:thu:

Archived