flooding in our practice space - got off easy

Faber

• Members

Just heard from my bass player - the weekend's heavy rain have caused water to leak into the cellar my covers band practice in, leaving up to 5 cm water covering the floor. most of our stuff is on risers and crates so luckily the only electronics that been in direct contact with the water are some adaptors. We need a new carpet and the place needs a thorough cleaning as it supposedly doesn't smell too good right now, but that seems to be all the damage that's been done.

• Members

Just heard from my bass player - the weekend's heavy rain have caused water to leak into the cellar my covers band practice in, leaving up to 5 cm water covering the floor. most of our stuff is on risers and crates so luckily the only electronics that been in direct contact with the water are some adaptors. We need a new carpet and the place needs a thorough cleaning as it supposedly doesn't smell too good right now, but that seems to be all the damage that's been done.

That is a bummer man, but glad you got off easy. Good thing you guys were smart enough to have your stuff on risers because believe it or not, many aren't! Good luck with the cleaning.

Archived