Anybody ever seen the guitar on the cover of Switchfoot's Beautiful letdown CD?

45below

• Members

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EMP7CMVAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's nothing that I recognize... looks almost like a guitar with a P-Bass body. It certainly appears that the bridge is there at the very end of the guitar body, like on a P-Bass.

I actually like the looks of it. Does anybody have any other pictures of this guitar or something like it? It would be fun to throw one together for myself... I'm just not sure how the scale or string length would change having the bridge at the very end of the body.

Any thoughts?

• Members

from wikipedia:

The guitar that appears on the album cover at the bottom of the pool is actually a guitar that Foreman bought at a pawn shop in North Dakota. The original intention was "to light it on fire, but the place wouldn't let us light things on fire, so we were going to break it in half." But after playing it a few times, Foreman became too attached to it, thus leaving it intact at the bottom of the pool. The photo used on the cover was taken at a "sketchy hotel" in North Los Angeles.[4] An alternative cover exists with the wording being black instead of white.

Archived