Suggest upgrades for my faded DC les paul.

needtopractice

• Members

FYI, those RS kits are CRAZY expensive and really only contain CTS and Switchcraft parts that you can get from any AllParts dealer for MUCH less. There's a guy named Jonesy over at MyLesPaul.com that can hook you up with awesome caps for much less, too, if you do indeed want to go crazy with that. However, I've always found Sprague Orangedrops to be a good upgrade from the regular ceramic disk types.

However, if you're like me and don't really use your tone controls, caps won't really matter. Just having the pot wired as a tone control in the circuit will have an effect, but you could put any value or type of cap in there you want and it really won't matter.

If it were my guitar (which I REALLY wish it was... You can ask my wife, I've been annoying her by showing her pics of LP Specials for months...), I'd put a set of BG-Pups in there. I'd probably leave the pots and caps alone since they're more than likely already CTS pots, orangedrop caps, and a Switchcraft switch. I'd put some GraphTech StringSaver saddles on it and a new nut and be ready to rock. :p

Archived