Bought a Used Ash Strat for my Daughter.I

starfire_Xes

• Members

I picked up a 1997 strat today, that has a maple neck and natural ash body. It is an american standard model, and I first was planning on giving it to my daughter but....Holy Guitar Gods, it it is one fine guitar. Ive been comparing through my studio setup with my 1989 Yngwie Model and also against my EJ strat....it beats the YJM strat hands down, and it sounds and plays almost like the EJ.

Has a lot of vintage quack, really bright, more bite than than the EJ, but overall a very similar tone. The neck appears to be the same radius and width as the EJ, and plays similar. However the shape is a shallow C. The Ash itself is lighter than the Ash on my ex 1977 strat (which my ex-wife burned) This is a fantastic American made standard strat, and I was wondering if anyone knows anthing about this particular model.

• Members

Originally posted by starfire_Xes

I picked up a 1997 strat today, that has a maple neck and natural ash body. It is an american standard model, and I first was planning on giving it to my daughter but....Holy Guitar Gods, it it is one fine guitar. Ive been comparing through my studio setup with my 1989 Yngwie Model and also against my EJ strat....it beats the YJM strat hands down, and it sounds and plays almost like the EJ.

Has a lot of vintage quack, really bright, more bite than than the EJ, but overall a very similar tone. The neck appears to be the same radius and width as the EJ, and plays similar. However the shape is a shallow C. The Ash itself is lighter than the Ash on my ex 1977 strat (which my ex-wife burned) This is a fantastic American made standard strat, and I was wondering if anyone knows anthing about this particular model.

I have no first hand experience with the models mentioned, but the thing that sticks out about your post is the few words in parens...

To me it read like: "blah blah blah... 1977 strat my ex-wife burned... blah blah...":eek:

I know I am not the only one who wants to hear the ugly details about that incident (not your personal life and what led up to it, but the incident with a burned guitar).

• Members

I have one. I bought it [new] in 98, but I think it might be a 97 model. I love the guitar and still haven't played a Strat quite like it yet.

However, the thing came with ceramic P-UPs and ceramic with an ash body is major suck.

• Members

Why does ceramic suck with ASH? I did notice when i set it up today (which included replacing the cheesy looking pickguard and pickup covers the previous owner had installed) that the pickups looked very heavily wound and not like the middle american standard pickup on my 89 YJM Strat. However, they sound really good, they are rather hot, they rather sound like the pickups on my EJ Strat but without the muddiness.

• 4 years later...
  • Members

No, just working my rear off. I forgot i even had an account here. Still playing, had the D-15, an MIM 72 Thinline, a 1973 Garcia Classical, and a 2006 American Ash Strat Deluxe ripped off n SLC in 2007. Now, I got GAS again and gonna start building up the collection...got a fretless Warmoth P-bass on the way....[ATTACH=CONFIG]329925[/ATTACH]

Archived