whatever happened to Thomas McRocklin?

w00dsy

• Members

those of us that were around in the very early 90's might remember this kid, he was Vai's protege and the guitarist in kiddie band Bad4Good. The dude was only 11 when he recorded the album but he seems to have vanished. He had oodles of talent but could play without over doing it. I assumed he was going to be around the virtuoso scene for years but he just vanished.

I still dig the solo he did on this old Lizzy song.

[video=youtube;yfzFxxJBJ8E]

[video=youtube;CnWBZd8KxfQ]

he was also in Vai's clip to The Audience is Listening.

[video=youtube;T_BXIGibJ7k]

Their drummer Brookes Wackerman is now working for Bad Religion and Tenacious D amongst many others. No idea what the kid from Terminator 2 is up to now.

• Members

I played a show in 1994 as the opening band for "Bad 4 Good", Thomas McRocklin's band. They had Danny Cooksey on vocals who was an actor for the Nickelodeon TV show, "Eat My Shorts". I've never seen so many parents with their kids show up at a rock show trying to meet either Dan or Thomas. Those guys were a bunch of jokers backstage. They would knock on our backstage door and hide. Then Thomas shows up onstage wearing the same black shirt with white polka dots as our male singer had which I thought was hilarious.

Guitar George

Archived