pre order guitars sight unseen

ihavenofish

• Members

I'm open minded, but no. This is based purely on the fact that there isn't a proven track record and I have nothing to measure it against at the point of purchase.

I have no problems as long as they have a return policy equal to Rondomusic.com.

• Members

I'm finding myself a bit of a hypocrite because I just remembered in the future I'd planned on ordering a G&L Bluesboy to the specs I like. Well... if I'm going to trust a sight-unseen guitar, it'd be from G&L or maybe some other company who've I've found pretty consistently good, not a brand new unknown company.

Still, a trial period would be very very good.

• Members

I have no problems as long as they have a return policy equal to Rondomusic.com.

rondos policy is hard to follow on a more pricey lower markup guitar - "if you dont like it, send it back in 30 days".

i think there should be some sort of policy there (in addition to warranty against defects), but it would need to be one that works. tire kickers would bankrupt the company too quickly with a rondo type policy.

• Members

If it was something new or revolutionary (unlike the Fierbird X) then it might peak my interest. If it just looks different then no.

well, the point of the poll is that the theoretical guitar HAS your interest and you want it. obviously if you arent interested in the guitar you arent going to buy it anyway.

• Members

well, the point of the poll is that the theoretical guitar HAS your interest and you want it. obviously if you arent interested in the guitar you arent going to buy it anyway.

I was just in that situation a few months ago. An unkown brand (to me) had my interest but since there was limited feedback on the brand here I decided I needed to try one first. After not being able to find a place locally to try one of their guitars I moved on.

Archived