Your favorite colors for each type of guitar!

honeyiscool

• Members

I was thinking about how I love different colors on different types of guitars.

For Strats, I have to go with black, though I love white as well:

0117602806_frt_wmd_001.jpg

Growing up, I thought this is what guitars should look like, and Eric Clapton was how guitarists should sound like. Nowadays, I have slightly different opinions, but black Strats are always classy.

For Tele, I have to go with blonde:

fender-tele-honey-blonde.jpg

That gives me wood.

For Les Paul, I have to go with cherry burst, one of the few burst finishes that makes me happy:

393713_lespaul.jpg

Yes!

Not the biggest SG fan, but in wind red, they are stunning:

China_Wine_Red_SG_Guitar20101261435461.J

Now for slightly different guitars. I think Jags beg to be candy apple red:

66fenderJaguarCAR.jpg

I don't think these guitars look right without matching headstock. Jaguars are "look at me" guitars and I know lot of people like them in 3-tone sunburst, but I think that misses the mark.

What about the Jazzmaster? How about some surf green?

jazzmaster_62rgreensurf_002.jpg

Drool!

For Mustangs, I'm torn between Sonic Blue and Olympic White, but I think Olympic White wins by a hair.

mustang-white-frontb.jpg

Really, though, I think black, red, light blue, and white are stunning on most things, though I'm not sure Gibsons would look right in Daphne Blue.

• Members

Strats, or any Fenders really: White, for sure

Les Pauls: Bursts, I used to have this really cool desktop image of a yellowburst on black with a mahog. plain back, just awesome. Also, Alpine White customs or Black Beautys.

However, if someone has a guitar that they want to get rid of and it isn't one of the aforementioned colours, I will gladly accept it :poke:

• Members

My favorite strat combo is fiesta red/ rosewood board/ mint pickguard. I like blonde or butterscotch tele's I guess. As far as LP's I like a nice plain top in one of their more subdued bursts. Offsets look good in surfy colors, as far as everything else I guess I've never given it much thought :idk:

181013_628464166105_49408647_35025928_41

Archived