Old Fashioned transactions ??? ( how to safely but stoff W/O a virtual checkout !!!)

• Members

I want to buy a piece of gear ( a little boutique I guess !), and I can't find it at any of the " Big Box " INTERNET music stores . I found a dealer on the manufactures website , and have contacted them and received a great quote. ( just losing the state sales tax is a big help !!) What's the best way to pay them .

Should I ask them to ship it C.O.D ???

I'm so used to using the cart and "secure check out " stuff.......It's been years since I gave out My CC info over the phone .

Can I call CC co and tell them to only authorize X amount for this one vendor ???

• Members

I want to buy a piece of gear ( a little boutique I guess !), and I can't find it at any of the " Big Box " INTERNET music stores . I found a dealer on the manufactures website , and have contacted them and received a great quote. ( just losing the state sales tax is a big help !!) What's the best way to pay them .

Should I ask them to ship it C.O.D ???

I'm so used to using the cart and "secure check out " stuff.......It's been years since I gave out My CC info over the phone .

Can I call CC co and tell them to only authorize X amount for this one vendor ???

Thanks
:love:

I like to call and talk with someone, get a feel for them, get their name and position, sort out the packing/shipping details etc and then use your CC if possible, then you have some insurance against fraud.

• CMS Author

I found a dealer on the manufactures website , and have contacted them and received a great quote. ( just losing the state sales tax is a big help !!) What's the best way to pay them .

Most credit card companies have a "shop safe" feature that gives you an alternate credit card number, you can set the limit on the card, and the expiration date. Set the limit at the amount of your payment and they can't charge any more on it, nor can the person tapping your phone who hears you say your credit card number (unless they beat the merchant to it).

By the way, when I saw the subject of this thread I thought for sure it was a shopping spam.

Archived