Is it me or is this a particulalrly beautiful Les Paul

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Members

Maybe I should show the top. I really like the look of guitar. Most players would go for more of a honeyburst or darkburst, but this guitar has such a strong vibe. It really looks like a vintage instrument in person with the VOS finish and the Golden Cherry Burst finish. I posted it alongside a real 60 burst awhile back and the color was spot on.

60_lp.jpg

• Members
I'm used to seeing all kind of gorgeous vintage Les Pauls, but this is a brand new one looking for a home:love:

It appears to me to be a particularly gorgeous example of what Gibson can still turn out today?

Or are y'all seeing LP Stds as purdy as this often?

std08honey.jpg

That one is easy on the eyes, but I like my Studio Lite a lot better. OK, not near as purdy, but it's a lot easier on the back.

• Members

I think that the one that the OP posted is chambered--probably around 8 pounds.

Not bad at all, mine's easily around six or seven. Of course the Lites are a bit thinner as well (not MM thin) which was a big selling point for me. Until recently I was under the impression that Gibson didn't do bevels (tummy tuck) but played my buds beveled Special the other day and was surprised at how comfortable it was.

• Moderators

That is a very nice guitar. I don't wish to burst your bubble but I have seen nicer ones for less money. If you need the Gibson name on it you can buy the logo on eBay for $10.00.

Not sure what it is you're saying, if you see my sig you'll see I don't NEED any names on any headstocks:wave:

• Members

Personally I think the latest Standard is kind of 'gilding the lily'. Do we really need locking tuners, a locking jack and PCBs with, wow, gold-plated pots? The latter are just asking for trouble-if a pot goes down the whole board will need replacing. As far as I'm concerned the Traditional is all you need in a Les Paul.
Oh, and just to be really picky, the hardware needs to be nickel on an LP, not chrome!

• Members

Don't like any of those except the 54

It's actually a 1971 Standard 58 Model,

Standard 58 Model? Gibson/Norlin made up their own history.

It's really a Gibson '54 knock off with appointments true to a 1954 LP gold top.

It's a rare one too.

BTW, I have the pick guard wrapped in plastic.

It was signed by Les Paul.

1971GibsonLPGoldTop.jpg

1971GibsonLPGoldTopbodA.jpg

1971GibsonLPGoldTopHeadstock.jpg

1971GibsonLPGoldTopBinding.jpg

Archived