Tele/Wiring guys...need some help/suggestions

Johansolo

• Members

i need some ideas to decide on how i want to wire up my Tele build

i have a Dimarzio ChopperT for bridge and possibly a Twang King for neck.

i was thinking of doing it the same as Richie Kotzens Sig tele...

His is wired up so that there is a 3 way teleswitch and volume pot and instead of a tone pot

• Members

Anyway, yesterday I was thinking about how you can get the maximum control out of a humbucker equipped guitar, and I think I've figured it out. I'll share it here.

See, we start out with:

1. Concentric knob for tone and volume. This is pretty simple.

2. A push-push pot for spin-a-split as well as parallel-series.

So it would work like this. You start out with this circuit, this is the Spin-a-Split circuit:

1h_1v_1sas.jpg

It's pretty basic. The two wires for the series connection (Red and White in SD Colors) are connected to the ground via a pot.

Now take a look at this:

1h_1v_1t_sp.jpg

Just take a look at the toggle, that's the important part anyway, and the toggle would go to the 3/4-way switch instead of to the volume pot first. Now, imagine bringing that Spin-a-Split pot into this. The way I'd connect it is the top right terminal. That way, it is only engaged when the pickup is in series. When in parallel, the Spin-a-Split knob will do nothing. When you knock it into series, though, you can dial in just as much of the humbucker as you want.

It also means that you can have two very different volume settings on your guitar, and the Spin-a-Split can be used like a boost, where you'd play your rhythm part in parallel, and then during a solo, you dial in the series tone and have a preset volume setting.

Archived