NGD-Gibby, p-90's, worn cherry burst, slim neck-oh yeah!

turckster

• Members

I went to GC just to look around, I noticed the Gibosn LP with p-90's. It's the Studio tribute 60's series with the worn finish. I was really interested in the gold top but all they had was this one-worn cherry burst. Man, this thing sounds so sweet and plays so smooth I decided to get this one. Clean, dirty, slightly dirty or freaking out of control this guitar sounds amazing, having a hard time putting this one down. One of the few guitars I've played that I knew was "the one" Well, for me at least.

Pics:

blahandblah044.jpg

blahandblah043.jpg

blahandblah042.jpg

blahandblah041.jpg

• Members

That's a beautiful LP. The gold reflector knobs are impossible to find except on Gibson 60's LP's! At some point in the future, you might want to try a lightweight stop tail. I've put them on all of my Gibsons now--even my SG's and ES335/339. It makes a considerable difference in tone if you play a lot of clean rhythm stuff. You get a bit of chime that sounds ever so slighlty Rickenbackerish--especially the ES339.

RS makes a good one for $45:

index.php?image=2349

Gotoh makes a good one too for $43 that includes aluminum studs and inserts. I'm pretty sure that the inserts are English, so they fit the USA Les Paul studs.

TP-3406-001.jpg

• Members

By the way, have you ever tried wrapping the strings over the tailpiece? I do this on my LP Classics.

Why do you do that? I know there have been several threads here about this, but I've never perceived how reducing downward pressure on the bridge will enhance tone. :confused:

And congrats to the OP on the new Lester :thu:

• Members

By the way, have you ever tried wrapping the strings over the tailpiece? I do this on my LP Classics. Try it on one of you Epis. It will mark up your tailpiece, so if you're OCD, don't do it.

Never tried it, not sure why either, but interested to know why.

Thanks for the replies, didn't get much of a chance to play it today since I had a ton of things to do. Sucks, its all I could think of.

Nothing worse than having a new toy and not being able to play with it. :lol:

Archived