Squier Jazzmaster: Bridge pickup replacement routing issues?

BIGD

• Members

Are you done with your "Jazzmaster conservatism" yet? I really couldn't give 2 fucks whether someone thinks I own a "real" Jazzmaster or not. If you like nasty, shrill bridge position single coils, knock yourself out with them. I like to have more than a few options when it comes to how I can modify my guitar.

I don't see the need to attack honeyiscool here, BIGD. Bad enough you poo-poo'd one of Fender's best colors - Daphne Blue. :facepalm:

Seems to me it would have made more sense to have paid the extra $150 for the Fender Blacktop model and that is what you'll end up having in this one by the time it's all said and done. As for your original request, I think all of the reasonably priced pickups have been suggested. Although, I'm not sure if anyone suggested simply the original Fender Jazzmaster pickups as something to consider.

:deadhorse:

• Members

I don't see the need to attack honeyiscool here, BIGD. Bad enough you poo-poo'd one of Fender's best colors - Daphne Blue.
:facepalm:

Seems to me it would have made more sense to have paid the extra $150 for the Fender Blacktop model and that is what you'll end up having in this one by the time it's all said and done. As for your original request, I think all of the reasonably priced pickups have been suggested. Although, I'm not sure if anyone suggested simply the original Fender Jazzmaster pickups as something to consider.

:deadhorse:

As I stated previously, I already have a blacktop Jazz and I do not own the Squier yet. I find the Squier intriguing....the thing plays wonderfully (beautiful neck for a $300 guitar, better than most Mexican Fender's I've played and at least as good as my Jazzmaster, although the Squier is maple and mine is rosewood fingerboard) and I wouldn't have to locktite the height adjustment screws...of course the bridge is part of what gives a "REAL JAZZMASTER" it's unique tone.

Truth is I like that tone, but I also am just partial to the body shape, and wouldn't mind having another around, and a finished body alone from Warmoth would cost as much as the Squier. After playing the Squier, I have to say it is of a very high quality.

• Members

have you played with the pickup height at all as richey888 indicated worked for his?

Don't own it and I didn't have a screwdriver with me at GC.

A pickup swap and new pots will still have it way under the $500 price tag on the blacktop (I got mine for considerably less than that).

• Members

Why wouldn't you want to put a $100 pickup into a guitar that cost $300? you said it played great... $400 for a great playing and great sounding guitar is not a bad deal.

but if you end up buying it, i'd try lowering the pickup, chances are that you're problem will be fixed.

and by the way, daphne blue is not a sissy color. neither is shell pink.

Archived