Monitor existing track in PT10 while overdubbing on top of that track ?

BushmasterM4

• Members

This is what I'm wondering as well. Also, the Playlist function does everything the OP needs it to...on one track, looping, non-looping, etc.

Thanks and I need to explore the "Playlist". The adding a second track like mentioned by you and others above and utilizing the playlist seems to logical way to address the differences in the DAW's. You get use to working a certain way and I guess I figured all DAW's would allow it. I know Reaper does.

• Members

For reference, sounds like Bushmaster's desired approach isn't too far different from what I've settled into in recent years. I use Sonar, which, of course, has somewhat different features. I'll record my track until I hit a part I know I don't want, then hit stop, quickly 'slip-edit' the end of the clip I just recorded to before the mistake and then roll playback, punching in whenever is convenient before the mistake. Sonar plays back the existing clip even while in record. I track my new section and then, if it proves to be a keeper, I'll go back to the front of the 'punch' and slip edit the overlap and adjust the crossfade optimally.

You hit the nail on the head !!!! Sometimes its hard for me to explain things properly, still being a relative newbie :)

Archived