Replacement JagStang Body needed - Any ideas?

jumpwin

• Members

The time has come for me to restore my much butchered JagStang (the one in my avatar) All I want is direct replacement. Basswood with a fiesta red finish. Does anyone know who can produce one? I know Warmoth do a right handed one, sadly I need a left handed one. I'm not tooled or competent enough to build one myself, or I would. So please, if any of you know of anyone (I'm in the U.K, but don't mind paying for shipping if need be) then please let me know. The guitar means a hell of a lot to me, and I really want to restore it to it's standard condition.

• Members

I'm probably wrong, but this sounds like a difficult task. Trying to find a left handed Jagstang body replacement, that wont end up costing more than a replacement Jagstang. and Im sure leftie Jag-stangs, dont come up on ebay or gumtree all that often eh?

The good news is, you already have the perfect blueprint to work from. I'm sure you could find a Luthier in the uk, who could replicate a body for you, using the one you already have? But it could be pricey.

Good luck whatever you decide man.:thu:

• Members

Left handed jagstangs are as rare as hens teeth. I've tried all the big names in the uk. Some I'm waiting to hear back from, others only work from readily available pre made bodies, some don't even reply! It's disheartening, and often fruitless! I just figured that if anybody knows of someone that can help, they'll be here! Here's hoping!

• Members

What's wrong with the original body if you don't mind me asking? Did you Kurt Cobain it?

I've had this guitar since I was a kid, and in my younger years it took a beating, and I figured that sanding the finish off with an angle grinder (t'was all I had to hand!):facepalm: was better than the reilc look. I've done my best to level, sand and make good my foolish childhood stupidity, but it still looks terrible.:facepalm: The body looks like it was whittled out with a blunt cut throat and finished with hair spray. It's half as thin as it should be, has contours where there once were none, and it's not pretty.:cry:

• Members

I've had this guitar since I was a kid, and in my younger years it took a beating, and I figured that sanding the finish off with an angle grinder (t'was all I had to hand!)
:facepalm:
was better than the reilc look. I've done my best to level, sand and make good my foolish childhood stupidity, but it still looks terrible.
:facepalm:
The body looks like it was whittled out with a blunt cut throat and finished with hair spray. It's half as thin as it should be, has contours where there once were none, and it's not pretty.
:cry:

Sounds Pretty Cool to me! Just Rock it!

• Members

I've contacted, practically begged Warmoth! But a flat NO was the ultimate reply. I've been rocking it for a while. But the time has come to do what I've wanted to do since I took a grinder to it! It needs a new body.

• Members

I've contacted, practically begged Warmoth! But a flat NO was the ultimate reply. I've been rocking it for a while. But the time has come to do what I've wanted to do since I took a grinder to it! It needs a new body.

Man, that sucks. I know there are guys on this board who have the equipment and expertise to build one. I've seen the threads. Maybe one of them will show up...

Archived