Trade JS1000 for S5470?

Kuroyume

• Members

If you were financially strapped (as I am), would you consider trading an Ibanez JS1000 for an Ibanez S5470?

The reason that I ask is that I'm GASing a bit for the S5470 due to several reasons:

* 5-selector (as compared to 3)

* 3 pickups (as compared to 2 hummers)

* ZR2 w/ZPS3 (as compared to Edge Pro)

Not sure of the sound differences. My style is metal/rock/blues/virtuoso (ala Satriani).

• Members

I'm with RavenCAD on this one, I love the necks on the JS series, and while I like the S series alright, it doesn't compare for me. Of course I don't find myself using the single coil pups much, and I don't have any experiences with that trem

• Members

I too love the neck on the JS series (JS Prestige is the designation). I also love the Wizard Prestige neck (had a RG Prestige a while back). Remember that the S5470 is an S Prestige series ($1400-$1600) so it is in league with the JS1000 at least in price range. Nonetheless, I'll take your advice and wait until there is an opportunity to evaluate one.

Thanks, guys! :)

• Members

I don't want to get rid of it. :) It is just that I cannot possibly afford an S5470 outright at the moment (the moment may stretch for many months or more under the circumstances). The only guitar worth swapping (in a compatibility sense) would be the JS1000. The others are too different. I keep the EVH Wolfgang no matter what. :D

• Members

How do you know you'll love the S if you haven't played one? That body is a very different animal to deal with. It LOOKS cool, but I despised holding it. I'm not saying that $ wise it's a bad move. Just don't do it blind because you might not like the S body.

• Members

If I was going to do the trade, it would be in person with the other guitar to be tried out. :) Yes, I have had a few inexpensive S-series guitars in the past so I understand the body difference.

We'll see. We just got bonuses and other goodies from work but that is being promptly used to pay off all credit card debt (damn, I hate credit cards). If you haven't experienced it already, they are slowly (sometimes not so slowly) increasing the interest rates (for everyone irregardless) to extract more money out of you. But I still have the old house on the market and paying mortgage, electric, gas for it until it sells is killing us.

• Members

Hmmm, tough call. I like both for different reasons.

I like the JS body and HH pup config.

I like the S neck shape, jumbo frets and ZR/ZPS system.

I owned a JS1200 for a few months and never got on with the neck shape for some reason.

Glad I could clear things up for you. :p

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Huge bump...

I own a JS1000 Black Pearl, and have played the 5470 and S series guitars, and straight up, the JS series (1000 and 1200) pwn the sht out of the S series.

Just to let it be known for any future viewers of this thread....

The neck on a JS series guitar is something you have to experience for yourself. Do yourself a favor and try out a JS 1000/1200 before spending big money on something similar.

• Members

Huge bump...

I own a JS1000 Black Pearl, and have played the 5470 and S series guitars, and straight up, the JS series (1000 and 1200) pwn the sht out of the S series.

Just to let it be known for any future viewers of this thread....

The neck on a JS series guitar is something you have to experience for yourself. Do yourself a favor and try out a JS 1000/1200 before spending big money on something similar.

how would you say the JS prestige neck compares with the wizard prestige neck on the RGs?

Archived