Wiring upgrades for a Schecter?

DeathByGuitar

• Members

So my input jack broke for the billiont time today, and in trying to resoldier I pretty much messed up my wiring job (wasn't that great to begin with), so I figure now would be an opportune time to upgrade my Schecter C-1 Elite's stock electronics. I read somewhere that the hair-strand silver wire they use in import guitars like this isn't ideal and that I should go with solid-core wire instead. Everything in it is pretty much stock, except for the volume pot. The stock push-pull tone pot remains, with the original capacitor intact, as well as the toggle switch Would changing out the toggle switch and the tone pot have any effect on tone?

Is there anything in particular I should know before buying parts. I know that I need to buy 500k pots because of my humbuckers, but other than that, I'm pretty clueless. Do they make wiring upgrade kits for import guitars like mine?

Thanks

• Members

Do not use solid core wire unless you get expensive kind. Otherwise you normally end up with brittle easilly broken wire. Instead just use regular 20 or 21 gauage multistranded wire like found at radio shack. 22 gauage as thinnist Id use. They also carry 1/4 jacks useable in guitars if you need one.

Archived