What looked like a crappy weekend turned out OK

fu2jobu

• Members

Played the guitar for the first time in weeks after dealing with back pain. A pain pill followed by a hard days work helped more than resting. I don't get it. A little light lifting and I end up walking like an old man. A hard days work and I feel better than I have in months.

Pain free for the first time in a while I decided to work on a project guitar I had set aside a few months ago. I had refinished the guitar but when I reassembled I was getting no sound. Opened her up and found a wire had come loose. Took all of 5 minutes to fix rather than the few hours of frustration I imagined.

Now if I could only get some golf in....

• Members

I've tried 3 times this year and only made it through a full 18 once. Last round I started out with a triple bogey, then played the next 9 holes at 3 over. Had another triple triple bogey then a par before my back completely gave out. 9 over through 12 holes didn't excite me much but playing 9 holes in a row at only 3 over gave me hope.

I used to go out hoping to break 80 most every round, now most times I just hope to break 100. Hard to hope to break 80 when the ball goes 100 yards left from where you are lined up. Throw in some snap, duck hooks and it makes for a long day. This year I have finally been hitting some straighter shots or at least gentle draws rather than duck hooks.

• Members

I refereed six soccer games this weekend at a high-caliber tournament -- one U17, one U16 and four U10 (all girls) -- two in center and four ARs, and my knees feel every bit of their 53 years. :facepalm:

• Members

Screw the knees, did you find a nice soccer mom to hit on?

I've been married for a long time, but have to admit that I do enjoy chatting up the soccer mommies! If I were so inclined, it would be a fertile hunting ground, indeed!!! :love:

Archived