Played some cheap guitars today at GC on lunch break

BIGD

• Members

The 2 "pawn shop" strats, 2 Squier HH bullet teles (I can't find these anywhere online), classic vibe teles (50's and whatever the other version is.)

I was pretty gassed over those bullet teles..they're like a black top for 1/3rd the price. The pawn shop 51 and thinline were nice but I wouldn't pay what they are asking for them. The classic vibe 50's is not my cup of tea...I don't like real old school vintage tele bridges, prefer more modern saddles.

• Members

What color were the Squier HH Bullet Strats? Were the humbuckers open and uncovered, or did they have the chrome covers? Also, what color were the pickguards, and were they the regular shaped pickguards, or a new shape to hold both humbuckers?

• Members

What color were the Squier HH Bullet Strats? Were the humbuckers open and uncovered, or did they have the chrome covers? Also, what color were the pickguards, and were they the regular shaped pickguards, or a new shape to hold both humbuckers?

I remember 3 finishes, one being a vintage looking burst that I dug. 2 open humbuckers, black pickguards, black controls I think, that's all I really remember. They caught my eye because I thought the burst was a new finish in the blacktop lineup, but then the blacktops were right around the corner.

Archived