What the hell is this craziness (music contest scam, pretty funny)

Mr_GoodBomb

• Members

I'm not complaining or anything at all, I just thought this was too funny and ridiculous. Who would fall for this crap?

I saw a listing for a mixtape asking for "music," no description of style, so I sent my band in. I got an email back just saying,

"SEND YOUR BEST MP3 TO THIS EMAIL"

I sent our MySpace link. I got this back.

"ATTENTION *GODDAMN HILLS* OR ARTIST REPRESENTATIVE,

Congratulations on July 8th 2011 our Empire State A&R Dept successfully approved your recent submission to feature on Empire State Vol 5 Hosted by Konvict Muzik + Akon's DJ Benny Demus. My name is Sarah Wilson whom is an ESM A&R that has been personally assigned to you to assist you through our reservation process now that your music has been approved . I'd first like to apologize for our delayed response to your submission, but we literally receive thousands of submissions weekly & we go through every single one in detail to ensure that we only select only the hottest artists.

I don't want to bore you with too much writing here, so I am going to make this simple. I have attached your Official Empire State Vol 5 Acceptance Letter to this email & HERE . This very important document contains your Artist ID, A&R Review Stats, ESM Back round information PLUS the tons of possible life changing opportunities that are now at your fingertips. AFTER you have read your acceptance letter, please feel free to ask me any questions.

Keep in mind that you only have 7 days from today to seize this opportunity or resubmission may be required!

We look forward to working with you soon!"

TL;DR: If you want your eyeballs to bleed from random text color, underline, and font changes, and see how someone could possibly cram dozens of ads for themselves in a text doc trying to get you to sign up for a service, check out below. Yeesh. Really funny to me.

Here's the attached file. http://www.fileserve.com/file/g3gB6vj

Archived