NGD: Hot Rod '52 Content

strtdv

• Members

I'd been looking around for one of these, and found one listed on another forum from a guy in England.

He bought it new in 2010, it has some honest play wear (pick marks on pickguard, a couple of small dings), but was in great condition and I couldn't say no to it at the price.

It had a few small helpful upgrades (better strap buttons, the screw-in style jack socket rather than the awkward vintage style one)

Came with all the case candy etc.

Anyway, here's the obligatory pics:

dsc01040vm.jpg

dsc01043l.jpg

And here's one with its teammate, my 2007 American Standard Tele with Bareknuckle pickups in it.

dsc01044ri.jpg

Really happy with it.

It plays great, the neck is a bit thicker than my American Standard, it sounds a little brighter too.

Love the greasebucket tone control.

• Members

Love it! One of my favorite production Teles Fender has put out in years. The Duncan SM-1n mini humbucker is one of my favorite pickups and it matches well with a good Tele bridge pickup. Those are surprisingly versatile guitars, despite being so "simple". Plus, it's beautiful! :D

• Members

looks great!congrats!

how do you like that neck pickup?

Thanks, I'm really enjoying it so far.

The neck pickup is great, balances really well with the bridge (I've always liked the neck tones on a tele, but was always bothered by the volume drop compared to the bridge).

Character wise it's much clearer than you'd expect a neck humbucker to be.

• Members
Thanks, I'm really enjoying it so far.

The neck pickup is great, balances really well with the bridge (I've always liked the neck tones on a tele, but was always bothered by the volume drop compared to the bridge).

Character wise it's much clearer than you'd expect a neck humbucker to be.

awesome!:thu:

Archived