Question about Floyd swapping and selling a guitar

bubkus_jones

• Members

I'm not selling/trading it here (don't want to deal with online BS, shipping and potential deadbeats who don't pay), so I don't think this should be considered spam.

I have a Jackson Dinky that I pulled the old licensed Floyd out of and replaced it (posts bridge and nut) with an OFR I bought to go on a project (now on indefinite hold).

I still have the licenced bridge and nut, so I can put them back on. The stock posts were damaged (why I decided to replace them), so I'm going to lose them either way ($16 to get replacements, so whatever).

I just want to know if I could expect to ask for a little more for it if I leave the OFR on (and use it as a selling point), or if I should just put the licensed one back on and keep the good bridge/nut.

• Members

In my opinion, you could definitely use it as a selling point and may be able to get a little more because of it. But, I don't think you can expect to get your full initial investment out of it. You might be able to get an extra $25 - $50 out of it.

This is just my opinion, I don't have any personal experience with this particular upgrade & reselling.

rd

• Members

I agree with converting it back to the licensed unit because not all buyers would even give a {censored}. If you do get a gear hound sniffing around, you could offer the OFR as an upgrade. Something like, "I have a $200 orginal floyd if you want. I could throw it in for ____ ." Set your price according to what's comfortable for you. :idk:

Archived