Voodoo Wing - The new band, that's not a band.

Burgess

• Members

So this is for jkater that asked the question in another thread.

Full Moon Breakdown disbanded. We tried getting new members to carry on but in the end it just seemed time for a clean break. A couple of the guys hooked up in a The Who tribute band called Who's Who. They were looking for a band to open for them and asked if I was interested in doing a Hendrix tribute. Well, I really wasn't doing anything else and it seemed like it might be fun.

So what we decided on was not really a band in the traditional sense. We just have a pool of musicians that we'll draw from in accordance to whomever is available for a given date. When we have the date we'll rehearse once or twice as required, do the show then disband until we get another call for a show.

So far we've done two shows. We rehearsed twice for the first show which turned out to be kind of crappy due to some equipment issues. We rehearsed once for the second show with a different drummer and that one was pretty good. No reflection on either drummer because all the players for this deal are pretty badass.

There's not really a prospect of making much money at this. We're not doing the dress up like The Experience bit. There no upside down reverse Strat. Truth be told, there's not even a Strat! I've done the gigs so far with a Jackson SL-1 and my Partsocaster with SSH EMGs that started life as a Charvel, Floyd and all. We just doing this because we love playing together and we love this music. We have no clue how this will be received either, to be honest. We're just going to have fun with this as long as it continues to be fun. :idk:

There are some recordings from our last rehearsal on FaceBook if you're interested.

There's a website but I've not really put much there, not yet anyway.

http://www.voodoowing.com/

Archived