Les Pauls - does it really need to be a gibson?

samzadgan

• Members

If your guitar looks good, plays well, you are happy with the sound, and you didn't buy it simply for an investment you bought it to play and enjoy, then what the hell diferance does it make what name is on the headstock? To a dedicated guitar player, impressing people with your skill playing guitar is way more important than impressing them with who made it. Yeah, some own exspensive guitars and can play well too but their numbers are few compared to all guitar players. If they feel the need to brag because their guitar is better than your's then they are the ones with issues that need adjusting not you.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If your guitar looks good, plays well, you are happy with the sound, and you didn't buy it simply for an investment you bought it to play and enjoy, then what the hell diferance does it make what name is on the headstock? To a dedicated guitar player, impressing people with your skill playing guitar is way more important than impressing them with who made it. Yeah, some own exspensive guitars and can play well too but their numbers are few compared to all guitar players. If they feel the need to brag because their guitar is better than your's then they are the ones with issues that need adjusting not you.

Well-said!

• Members

So...I recently played a new Yamaha SG2000...now, some may not agree...but i actually think this guitar is better than all the Gibson Les Pauls i have played, and i have played a lot recently.

The SG2000, seemed to have the "IT" that the Les Paul has, but jsut a lot more of it! I'm if i go higher up on the Les Paul ladder there will be better LP's and may even be better than the SG...but price wise, would not be comparable.

The SG2000, is basically the answer to my original question...they have built a guitar that has similar characteristics, but have not made a cheap copy to compete on price, they have actually built a superior product with no short cuts, whilst charging the price that it deserves...

I'm sold on these SG's

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Since this thread I've actually played many (well, many to me, 6 maybe?) Gibson Les Pauls... The Epiphone's I've played aren't even close to the same level as like a Historic Les Paul (duh) even the USA models I've played were very nice. Idk, I guess I'm a Gibson purist and I don't even have one rofl. I would like to actually try some MIJ stuff though.

Archived