The joys of playing what you have

Faber

• Members

Times have been very, very tough for me the last 2 years and it got to the point where right now the only guitar I have in playable condition is a Squier Std. Strat. That's pretty much the only guitar I play now. I used to have 7 guitars, sold one this year, and I'm trying to cut down to 4. But this whole year the only guitar I've really been playing is my Squier Strat. Never thought that would happen, but I play it 99% of the time. I came to realize I play better when I have less guitars, since I get to know them better and there's less distractions.

Hope things look up for you!

I likes me some distractions (all the guitars pictured, including the bass, are mine):

298235_10150306816603879_512618878_79452

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since purchasing this Carvin in 1983:

I've been thru

50s ES125

Deluxe Nighthawk

Epi LP Custom

and still own

MIM Strat

Rogue Tele copy

My own tele pinecaster build.

None have measured up to the old Carvin. I always go back to it.

Perfect intonation, plays great, a multitude of tones from smoky jazz to humbucker rock to tele-like spank.

• Members

Whaaaaa? This is the most un-American thread I've seen here in a while. You non-GASSERS aren't doing your bit to stimulate the economy! No wonder unemployment rates are still above 9%. Now get out there and spend your hard earned money so The Man can get even richer!
:mad:

Can't wait till the Chinese are getting their guitars manufactured in the USA..... :lol:

• Members

Hope things look up for you!

I likes me some distractions (all the guitars pictured, including the bass, are mine):

298235_10150306816603879_512618878_79452

Thanks! And nice LP you got there. I don't really have much GAS these days, but when I do, it's for an LP. I regret selling mine a few years back and I feel lost without one now.

And you're right too, it's definitely cool having a couple to play around with. :rawk:

• Members

Money is tight.

OK........let the flames begin.

You won't get any flames from me! The only flames I got are from the cash burning through my wallet. Besides, flames and GAS? Not a good combination.

I've resigned myself to the current herd, and may need to pare down even more if things get tight(er). It's funny how I bought so many guitars on looks and features, but the qualities that make them valuable (to me) are things like stability, consistency, and of course, tone. I've also learned that if it ain't good out of the box, modding usually doesn't help.

• Members

At the height of my gigging days I had two guitars - an ESP Traditional Strat and an MIJ Fender Strat - I was perfectly happy.

Right now I have 4 perfect electric guitars (Hamer Newport, Gibson R8, Hamer Studio Custom, G&L Comanche) and I simply do not see myself getting anything else as each of these guitars gives me something unique that inspires me.

Archived