Beautiful bass pics

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. Yes, I built both of those. The red one is a 30" scale, set neck with a stained Tung Oil finish on the body and french polished neck & fingerboard. Only change I would make on it is to put in a different pickup, but otherwise it's a blast to play.

The first one is my main, and it's had some mod's done to it since this pic was taken. The weight was too high and the neck would not pull into relief (the European Beech neck is just too strong), so I gave it the Jenny Craig treatment on the back and the neck. Much better. Also, the original pickup was an EMG HB, but changed that out to one of the GuitarFetish megahot MM style. Again, much better, but probably should have gone with the less hot version as this thing clips too eash even on the Active input. Also had to put in different dots as they became invisible on a dark stage.

• Members

Not too beautiful of a picture, eventually I'll get some good shots.

I would normally say I moonlight on bass, but I have been playing more and more lately. I'll be spending a lot of time with it this week, I am playing bass in the pit orchestra for my university's musical this semester.

2011-09-24_22-32-59_391.jpg

2011-09-25_09-46-21_908.jpg

And the 76 P my school has hidden away (actually a total POS but still cool to look at):

0323002128a.jpg

• Members

Lots of great photos in here. I especially like this one:

- my lovely '78 Musicmaster (stock case):

FenderMusicmasterbass7803.jpg

Would post a photo of the bass rig but it looks boring as hell. Just imagine a Fender Active P-Bass Deluxe next to a TC Electronics RH750 sitting on top of a RS210.

Archived