Electro Harmonix English Muff n Guitar Effects Pedal

kr236rk

• Members

Hi

Bought new Electro Harmonix English Muff n Guitar Effects Pedal last October. Great sound!

Plugged it in a week ago, all hell broke loose. Electro-popping, sound cutting out, volume jumping from low to loud for no apparent reason, etc, etc. Bum lead i thought. Went out and bought a new one ~ shielded gold & so forth. No change, Muff still popping & glitching.

This unit has folded after a year of ultra mild studio use :cry: have contacted the shop i bought it from but no comeback yet.

Fed up

:facepalm:

• Members

thanks: 12AX7 rings a bell - will have a look for a replacement tube/s

if all else fails its a mini tube amp next time :-o

the Boss BD box gives a good tube sound, the Muff a great one, some day i'll work my way up to an actual tube amp - so those extra valves won't go to waste whatever happens ;)

• Members

Mine did the same thing. Used it on my board though. It wasn't the tubes, I swapped them for two different sets.

It sucks, I really liked that pedal. Was great as a marshally preamp with the gain down. It took up way too much space on my board so I never bothered to get it fixed.

• Members

am suspicious - all the trouble seems to be in the in-jack socket, so that the tubes do their job, then the lead gives a wobble and everything goes lop-sided. Also found the stomp button was freaking around. If i didn't know better [& i don't] i'd say it was 'system collapse' in the unit. Anyhow will juggle with new valves and see what happens. If no go i'm off to get a tube amp proper. Dang pedal is 1 month the wrong side of warranty anyway :-o

• Members

Dang sounds like you got a junky one and you bought it brand new ive had no probs with mine at all.

yea, with all due respect to all opinions here - the trouble starts when i move the lead around, that suggests a bad connection + the leads are all new. the in jack is fautly, there is a poor connection there - i don't think it has anything at all to do with the tubes.

ps. there's been no reply from the EH support forum in over 12 hours since i posted + no come-back from the store i ordered this unit from, that makes me even more suspicious about these units: i mean they work great out of the box, 12 months down the line - there they go

going in for an amp

Archived