Epiphone Lp special pelham blue

wanderoo222

• Members

Anybody snag one of these from amazon deals the last couple of days? What were ur impressions? Looks sweet.
:)

Nope. Passed on it and snagged an Ibanez Art100 from Sweetwater instead. I was logged into Amazon and ready to pull the trigger on the Epi last week, but the $299 was too rich for my blood. The Art100 was a buck ninety-nine. Thanks to Punk Kitty. She (?) convinced me on the deals thread. Nice guitar. Not bad. Good deal. If they feature other colors for the $199 I'd certainly recommend it. One flaw, the Ibanez had what I thought was a loose screw securing the tuning key at the back of the headstock. Not loose; broken. Bummer. I need to coax it out of there and secure a thicker gauge screw. Not this week.

Sorry to sabatoge this thread. Just my two cents on a similar beast. Nice guitar. It buzzes a bit on the low E and A, but that's just me. I'm a Tele player with a heavier touch. I tweaked the neck back and forth and have settled on the action that suits me best. It arrived set up pretty well. I think I'm back to about where I started, give or take. The guitar is designed for a player with a lighter touch, I think. Sounds good though. I'm happy. I've been wanting an LP clone for awhile and never did pull the trigger on an Agile. I like this baby. Right up my alley with the simple dual volumes and single tone pot. Looks good, sounds good, plays good. Here are some shots:

P1050662.jpg

P1050661.jpg

P1050669.jpg

• Members

Since I am off-topic from the OP's Epi LP, please excuse me as I further digress. I already have an Epi in Pelham Blue. A Wilshire. This one was also $199.00, the same price as the Gold Art100 from the Sweetwater "Black Friday" ad. That seems to be a good number to make me a buyer this year. The Epi Wilshire was a SDOTD on MF in the spring.

Nobody needs two Pelham Blue guitars, do they?

008-2.jpg

• Members

Those Artists are very nice, a whole different experience than an LP, but very nice indeed. That's a killer price too! They usually go for $299 don't they?

Yup. The Art100 goes for $299.00 everywhere I've looked. Again, I have to thank Punk Kitty for posting the deal on the Nov Deals thread.

Archived