EMG 808X or SD Blackouts for my new RGA8?

craigny

• Members

Well I'm in love with my new RGA 8 and it's looking like it will become my #1 so a pickup swap is in order as everyone knows...so here it is...I don't want to switch to passives as much as I like em I don't like the way they look in the active route and I don't wanna put in rings so active it will be..I've pretty much narrowed it down to the emg808x or the blackouts ...I chose the x over the regular 808_ cause I've heard that they have more headroom and sound better and the challenger is the blackout...I am getting into playing more djent but still need to play my thrash and other mainstream metal type stuff also as my band is more geared towards thrash but I'm trying to bring Djent to the table...anyway I'm looking for the best one to rock the djent but still crank out creeping death....looking for an organic feel that can bring the chugga......what say y'all????

• Members

Well i ordered the 808x's today. My guy will cut out the back of the existing battery box (as someone on this forum has done on their vid) to accomodate the 9V batt and ill be good to go!! cant wait...may be a couple of weeks till i get them but ill keep yall posted!!

Archived