Help: Electric Guitar Buzzing Problem

Jimmy25

• Members

so here's the problem... my electric guitar is buzzing pretty badly and I'm sure it's not the cable nor the amp that's making this annoying buzzing noise.. cz I've tried using the exact same amp and plugging into another electric guitar using the exact same cable, and it doesn't make a single buzz/noise at all, even when I turned both the electric guitar and amp volume to the max 10. The electric guitar that's making the buzzing sound is a Fender reissue strat I just bought, but it's second-handed. However, it didn't make those buzzing noise so badly until just now... I'm thinking maybe it's the wire inside that's got loosen up.. what do you guys think? and interestingly, the buzzing sound seems to increase & decrease as I turn the guitar up side down or facing another angle.. I'm guessing I have to open up the guitar and check if the wires inside are loosen..? but that's something I've never done before, I'm afraid instead of fixing it I might break the guitar I just bought? or is this something that's easy to fix even if I've never open up a guitar before..? Any Help Would Be Highly Appreciated. THANK YOU. =D

• Members

Does touching the strings affect the buzzing? How about switching from one pickup to another? Does it happen with any pickup switch position?

I agree with mahalo, sounds like a simple ground issue. It could be something as simple as poor contact between the jack and plug.

Archived