GAS and playing music are contagious and addicting.

WhatDoIKnow

• Members

GAS

I may have to stop looking at the HNGD and GPOTD threads. It is really starting to get bad. I go through the whole rollercoaster of thoughts, "I should get one of those. I shouldn't get one of those." The problems is that I am a pretty compulsive person and usually end up "getting one of those." Sometimes it takes me a couple of days to talk myself out of something, especially if it is high $.

Playing

I stayed over at a friend's the other night. Before anyone gets any ideas, my friend will not let people drive after they have had a few beers (not a bad thing at all). Even though it was a very nice evening, before I went to bed I started thinking about how much I missed my new guitar. I have only had her for about week, but have really enjoyed playing her. I missed having the chance to play before I went to bed, even if it would only be for a few minutes.

Often times I will be watching a movie with the kids, and get the urge to pick up a guitar. Not that I am wanting to jam loud and heavy, I just want to feel it in my hands, and strum a few chords unplugged.

I am expecting an inexpensive little acoustic to come in tomorrow. I just wanted a little couch guitar to strum, and figure out songs on from the web. I am almost looking forward to it like a little kid on Christmas Eve. Should I be getting this excited for a sub $100 guitar?

Is there a cure? Is there any help for me?

Archived