The NEW Jackson/Charvel Army

munizfire

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Mine is completely outclassed by all the other guys' Jacksons but still counts right? I used to have a trans-blue Kelly Performer that I've regretted selling for like 10 years.. was a beauty. I believe this is a KE3 that I just got used... not totally sure about that though.

008.jpg

009.jpg

• Members

What's the first 3 digits on the serial number in that kelly. That'll tell ya where it was from.

Well I definitely tried searching for it but found nothing on the Jackson site and the audiozone.dk site. Leads me to believe it's a cheaper import made within the past few years. edit: JCF forum identifies it as an Indian made 1999 X series

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Can I buy one of your Y2KVs?

Well I've had one up for trade for awhile now. Turned down several 1700-2000 dollar offers but not a decent trade offer in the bunch. Nothing. But I've actually added quite a few jacksons since my post so need to get on with new pics soon.

But here is something you wont see in one place very often!

Btw love that kv2

2011-04-16_22-48-50_347.jpg

• Members

Well I've had one up for trade for awhile now. Turned down several 1700-2000 dollar offers but not a decent trade offer in the bunch. Nothing. But I've actually added quite a few jacksons since my post so need to get on with new pics soon.

But here is something you wont see in one place very often!

Btw love that kv2

2011-04-16_22-48-50_347.jpg

Wow, 5 Y2KVs! :eek:

So, I'm guessing if I offered you $2000, I wouldn't be seeing a Y2KV? :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

In between concerts, I've got time again to share some pictures. This is the very first Surfcaster to hit the market 1992, everything is original stock and the guitar is in an immaculate condition, not to say new. It's probably the best Charvel I've played with...no no, it's the best guitar I've played with!! The neck is ultra flat and fast as to expect from a Charvel, the guitar has killer looks and one can immediately see the excellent craftsmanship, the two Chandler lipstick pickups and the phase inversion knob add an extra soul to this guitar. This guitar is hotter looking and sounding than its alikes (yes I've played them) Rickenbaker and Danelectro!! However it's not a Metal guitar, it wasn't conceived for it in the first place. Well what can you play with a Surfcaster? Surf of course...blues, rock and even jazz...thank you Chandler. The sound is amazing, the best twangy sound on the market if you ask my opinion, even today. Here are some picture for the recruits to enjoy.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well I dont feel like I am psychic but when the vintage market crashed and a lot of guys took a pounding on a ton of gear, I was telling guys in the guitar store I hang in that by the time the economy straightens out I do not even think that Fenders, Gibsons, Gretsch and Rics will be the must have hot guitars they once were, and this thread and many like it seem to be proving me right.

From 78 on their were a new slew of rock Gods and 85% of them mainly played Charvels, Jacksons, Kramers, Ibanez, EBMM and other brands, also the 80s IMHO may have been the most technically proficient decade for guitarist as even the {censored}tiest bands had a lead player who could tear it up on the fretboard. Now it seems that the guys who idolized the players of the 80s are at the age of the guys who made all the original great guitars so hot and lusted after. Wow looking at these wicked beauties is bringing back some great memories and so many of these guitars are to die for, besides being so much more appealing than a Strat or Lester both of which I love, but great axes are just that and there are a ton here. AZCat that lagerBurst looks like the inside of a volcano ready to erupt=wicked!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sweet! I still have GAS for a white one.
:lol:

Yeah, I had such a hard time deciding. I love all the flashy colors: slime green, candy green, candy blue, candy tangerine... I even like the pagan gold, but the white was just to classy to pass up.

I've still gotta bond a little with it, play a show or two, but once I do, I could see seeking out a more flashy partner for it. It's such a great guitar.

• Members

Love my 2 Jacksons, both are freaking awesome guitars...

First one I got was the Dominion. This thing is awesome and one of the best deals I have ever gotten on a guitar. Set neck and I got it for half price... 2008 Dominion in Wine Drunk.
jacksondominion.jpg

Then I got the 2009 USA KE-2 Kelly in Eerie Dess Swirl also has a set neck.
jacksonkelly.jpg