Epi Gurus - Assistance requested in identifying Les Paul - NGD

Hammer97e

• Members

I picked up this Epiphone Les Paul, used from my local GC. I am extremely impressed with, plays wonderful and is a keeper. Anyways, it was listed as a "Classic", but from my search it doesn't look like the Classic ever came with gold hardware or cream plastics. The gold makes me lean towards it being a "Custom", but headstock doesn't match that of a "Custom". I am just kind of curious as to what it is, for what I paid and for how it cleaned up, I got a great deal either way, even if its just a "Standard". Sorry for the phone pics. Some vitals:

Gorgeous Wine Red Flamed Top

Gold Hardware, though mostly worn and faded, kinda looks cool.

Serial number is I0005XXXX - so it is Korean from 2000

Has the Epiphone Limited Edition stamp on the back of the neck.

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Any info is appreciated.... Thanks!!

• Members

I had an Epi Les Paul Classic, circa 1999 or maybe a 2000.. Cherry sunburst, chrome hardware, creme plastic, "Limited Edition" stamp on the back of the headstock, slim taper neck. I sold mine in about 2006 for $250 with the Epi hardshell case.

• Members

Yeah you have to be careful sometimes when buying used from GC. My local one right now has a used single cut Gibson Melody Maker with a p90 in the bridge in a tv yellow finish, but they list it as a Gibson Les Paul Jr and are asking $500 for it :freak: It honestly should be priced at $300-$350.

• Members

I had an Epi Les Paul Classic, circa 1999 or maybe a 2000.. Cherry sunburst, chrome hardware, creme plastic, "Limited Edition" stamp on the back of the headstock, slim taper neck. I sold mine in about 2006 for $250 with the Epi hardshell case.

And here is a pic of my old LP.. Very similar to your new one, cept for the gold hardware..

LesPaul1.jpg

burst.jpg

lespaul-headstock.jpg

Archived