Buzzing Problem

Jimmy25

• Members

Where's the problem if my Stratocaster starts buzzing really loud in all five switch positions once in a while, and the buzzing will only decrease when I touch the string or when I touch the cable's metal part. BTW I just changed my pickup to Lindy Fralin's blues special few days ago, which now position 2 and 4 should be reverse wound yet it still buzz pretty loud like before when I haven't change my pickup. Sometimes it will have the normal 60 cycle single-coil hum which I can tell because it's not that loud, and it's better after I swapped out my old stock pickup. But once in a while, all 5 switch positions's buzz would suddenly go really loud and the buzz won't decrease when I move my guitar around and face in different directions, it would only decrease when I touch the string or the metal parts like the cable. In this case, is it loosen wire inside? But I thought I just changed my pickup... the wiring and soldering should be new right? Or is it possible that the tech changed to new pickup but still has the old wiring and soldering inside?

• Members

Sounds like it could be an earth (or lack of it) problem.

May well be worth going over all the solder joints with an iron (soldering iron not clothes iron that is) and making sure you don't have any dry joints, or may be a solder bridge shorting out somewhere.

Cheers

J_N.

Archived