What's the fretboard radius of a 1990's Fender Mustang ('65 Ressue) ?

Armchair Bronco

• Members

I have some birthday money that's burning a hole in my pocket. Got my eye on a '65 Reissue (CIJ) Fender Mustang from the 1990's. $695 used @ Emerald City in Seattle.

Can someone confirm what the fretboard radius on these guitars is? I'm hoping for 7.25" since I already have a Jaguar CP Special HH with a 9.5" radius.

DSCF8811_spotlight.jpgDSCF8810_spotlight.jpg

• Members

Until the PS Mustang, all Japanese Mustangs had 7.25" radius and so does that one. Looks like a late 90s MG69. Lovely guitars.

Thanks for the feedback. So I guess it's down to either this used Mustang or a used Ampeg VT-22 I just spotted on eBay. The amp I'd have to buy sight-unseen - the seller claims that it powers up, but there are no other details. But I've actually played the Mustang, and it sounds great.

• Members

I'd say grab the guitar if the price is good. Used amps over the web bug me...too many ways for it to go south.. Too easy to ind amps used locally that you can go play.

The Tim comment was a reference to Monty Python, i.e., joke die to the specificity of the question ( 12 oz bird carry a 16oz coconut, etc)..:)

• Members

I'd say grab the guitar if the price is good. Used amps over the web bug me...too many ways for it to go south.. Too easy to ind amps used locally that you can go play.

The Tim comment was a reference to Monty Python, i.e., joke die to the specificity of the question ( 12 oz bird carry a 16oz coconut, etc)..
:)

I hang my head in shame that I didn't pick up on the Tim reference. I'm a huge Monty Python fan. :facepalm:

• Members

Damn it! Went to Emerald City Guitars @ lunch, all ready to buy the 'Stang. Look everywhere but couldn't find it. The sales guy said: "Yeah, some dude came in a day or two after you played it and bought it that day."

You snooze, you lose!

NOW I AM SAD! And I hang my head in shame, AGAIN! :facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

Damn it! Went to Emerald City Guitars @ lunch, all ready to buy the 'Stang. Look everywhere but couldn't find it. The sales guy said: "Yeah, some dude came in a day or two after you played it and bought it that day."

You snooze, you lose!

NOW I AM SAD! And I hang my head in shame, AGAIN!
:facepalm:
:facepalm:

Cough...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/msg/2957494919.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/2964155303.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/2961566176.html

If n your in seattle for reals.

• Members

Cough...

If n your in seattle for reals.

Yep, I live & work in Seattle. The Hipster capitol of the Milky Way.

The middle one on CL looks promising: I really want one in Olympic White. But I like the guys @ Emerald City Guitars and would have preferred giving them my hard-earned dollars.

I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll try the one in U District.

• Members

My aunt is bugging me to move there....Detroit is...well...Detroit...not hellish, but, I am ready for a change..Remember the searchtempest thing, especially if you are on a mission. If you find one out of town, you can always arrange for a HC bruthu to do the deal if you have some peeps on here you trust.

Also, hit Elderly.com. They are in Lansing, and get stuff like that...

• Members

Truthfully....have you been to aberdeen?

Yep, I live & work in Seattle. The Hipster capitol of the Milky Way.

The middle one on CL looks promising: I really want one in Olympic White. But I like the guys @ Emerald City Guitars and would have preferred giving them my hard-earned dollars.

I'll keep looking. Maybe I'll try the one in U District.

• Members

Truthfully....have you been to aberdeen?

Yep, I've been to Aberdeen. Here's a car shot from a camping trip a few years ago:

aberdeen.jpg

And here's the shot from "Underneath the Bridge..." with 2 of my 3 kids in the foreground.

bridgee.jpg

Aberdeen: The real birthplace of grunge. :-)

• Members

Ha yup, Ive seen it from google earth. I guess Kurts old place has been razed.

Yep, I've been to Aberdeen. Here's a car shot from a camping trip a few years ago:

aberdeen.jpg

And here's the shot from "Underneath the Bridge..." with 2 of my 3 kids in the foreground.

bridgee.jpg

Aberdeen: The real birthplace of grunge. :-)

• Members

I believe so, the house he lived with the band at, not sure of the era. His childhood home is still there.

Really? That's too bad. We drove around his old digs @ 2010 Something Street (it was the last place he live before he moved up to Seattle - just down the street from "The Bridge").

house2m.jpg

house1q.jpg

Archived