Slash and Myles Kennedy Release "Apocalyptic Love" May 22

Jon Chappell

• Members

Anyone looking forward to the release of Apocalyptic Love tomorrow, Tuesday, May 22?

Myles Kennedy, the vocalist for Alter Bridge (with Mark Tremonti on guitar) joins Slash in this effort.Kennedy had no trouble channeling Axl Rose at the Grammy Awards when GNR was inducted into the Hall of Fame and the original vocalist declined to show.

Here's an in-studio video interview of Slash talking about gear, his creative approach, and the new album:

http://community.musiciansfriend.com/community/slash/video

ApocalypticLove.jpg

• Members

that Kennedy guy's growing on me. He's got a great voice and some very decent guitar chops. Looking at his bio, he seems like a trained musician, not a basement dweller. Talented guy.

• Members

that Kennedy guy's growing on me. He's got a great voice and some very decent guitar chops. Looking at his bio, he seems like a trained musician, not a basement dweller. Talented guy.

I got to see Myles in a fairly casual setting. It was at the Paul Reed Smith open house, where PRS opens its doors for three days and there are factory tours, clinics, and jams. Kennedy and Mark Tremonti (who has a PRS signature) were there hanging out during the day and performing at night. Kennedy was friendly, approachable, and a complete pro. He can totally hold his own in the guitar department.

There was one funny moment: Johnny Hiland was onstage before Kennedy and Tremonti, and just blew the doors off the place. So Myles comes up onstage afterward and says, "Let's hear it for Johhny Hiland, everybody! Oh my god--how're we gonna follow that {censored}?!" The whole place erupted in laughter. And then Kennedy and Tremonti rocked out insanely. It was a great concert.

Archived