Best UK place to buy body blanks or Tele bodies?

bluesnapper

• Members

An artist friend of mine is going to design and paint a cool psychedelic guitar for me!

So I need a body... might as well make it as high quality as possible. My engineer drummer says he can CNC a body for me if I provide a blank, but might just buy a pre-shaped Tele body - I'm undecided. Probably want alder but might be tempted by ash.

So - where are the best places in the UK to order body blanks or guitar bodies from?

Cheers guys! :thu:

• Moderators

If you want body blanks, there are two good options

Robert Smith at Timberline (Exotic Hardwoods) is an amateur luthier himself: exotic.hardwoods@virgin.net

The other is to use Tonetech http://www.tonetechluthiersupplies.co.uk/

Both are good to deal with

I am unable to recommend any UK supplier of ready made good bodies or necks

• Moderators

AxesRus
http://www.axesrus.com/AcousticTele.html
sell them. Never bought one of the bodies so can't vouch for them. I have bought other stuff though and they are a great company to deal with. I can't fault them.

Axesrus are good with most parts but not when it comes to high quality bodies and necks.

EDIT: Their descriptions are also getting flowierer, and the description of Sapele verges on plain wrong....sapele is never known as African mahogany, however as above when it come sto plain old standard parts n stuff like knobs screws guards pickups etc, they offer a decent service, although their delivery times have got worse since they switched to Hermes

• Members

Thanks guys. I may get lazy and just buy a body but seeing as I have a buddy with access to professional engineering gear I might as well take advantage - it'll be cheaper too. I think there was a Tele CNC drawing linked to on TGP... I'll see if I can track it down...

Thanks again!

• Members

Axesrus are good with most parts but not when it comes to
high quality
bodies and necks.

EDIT: Their descriptions are also getting flowierer, and the description of Sapele verges on plain wrong....sapele is never known as African mahogany, however as above when it come sto plain old standard parts n stuff like knobs screws guards pickups etc, they offer a decent service, although their delivery times have got worse since they switched to Hermes

Thats a shame to hear Ratae, when I used them they were usually by return post. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived