Help identifying what looks like boutique pickups! (pics!)

Kuz929

• Members

Pulled these guys out of a 70s ES335 pro. Expected to find PAT# pups, but imagine my surprise when I saw these guys. and I have NO idea what they are!

Any thoughts? That signature look familiar to anyone?

2rmxzck.jpg

• Members

That is a seymour duncan antiquity. The signature says 'Seymour'.

Here is a link to one for sale where you can see the sig on the back.

Not sure if he still signs other pickups from the custom shop or not, but the custom shop pickups I have seen have a custom shop sticker on the bottom. Everything about these look like an antiquity to me.

http://www.themusiczoo.com/product/2130/Seymour-Duncan-Antiquity-Neck-Humbucker-Pickup-Nickel/

• Members

no friggin' way! For a minute it looked line an "L" so I thought it was Bill Lawrence's signature... I'm gonna see if I can't find a signature of Seymour and see if it matches

Thanks!

• Members

no friggin' way! For a minute it looked line an "L" so I thought it was Bill Lawrence's signature... I'm gonna see if I can't find a signature of Seymour and see if it matches

Thanks!

Check the link I edited into my post. It has a pic of the back of a real SD antiquity with an identical signature.

• Members

Here is a link to one for sale where you can see the sig on the back.

Not sure if he still signs other pickups from the custom shop or not, but the custom shop pickups I have seen have a custom shop sticker on the bottom. Everything about these look like an antiquity to me.

Awesome! thanks, that does look like them!

Archived