Anybody know who made this?

jrspencer

• Members

My drummer found this pretty little ditty in his attic and he's trying to fix it up this summer. Could use some new strings, tuning pegs and an input jack, the bridge is cracked and the wiring needs some work. but he managed to play it thru a fender twin for a couple minutes and got the juciest jazziest tone hes ever heard. sent me the pics but i dont recognize the logo. anyone know who made it? also, its a hollowbody and has a switch which either splits the pup or runs it in series, either way theres a big difference in volume. apparently his brother bought it around '85, dont know if it was new or used but when i find out ill post it if its any help.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]346575[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346576[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]346577[/ATTACH]

• Members

Yeah, its a Silvertone. I used to have a 2-pickup version of that. Headstock design is aftermarket. I seem to recall the pickup was pretty much a big bar magnet, so I doubt the switch "splits the pup or runs it in series". More than likely it kicks in a capacitor to the signal chain, which changes the tone (a la the Esquire). I hope you and your drummer have fun with it. I still miss my Silvertone!

Archived