I've gotten to play some AMAZING guitars lately

Kuz929

• Members

Ever since I started my new job, I've gotten to play some of the most amazing guitars out there.

A '59 LP jr, '01 59RI, '67 ES330, a TON of 70s strats, and an early 60s 335.

I know some people may not really believe that some of those guitars are really worth all that much money, but WOW. there's something about an old guitar, man. Nothing like it, really. I once was lost, but now am found.

pics or it didnt happen?

543204_3425388148629_1088010062_32626479

481337_3398748962666_727114142_n.jpg

and this LPjr

545138_342493279156188_146701950_n.jpg

:love:

• Members

You find out that 70s strats dont deserve the bad rap they get ?

What I've found so far is that back before everything was super-automated, guitars on the production line can vary A TON! Vintage Gibsons can have a neck angle of anywhere from 1-3 degrees! I've so far been impressed with the CBS era strats that Ive gotten my hands on.

• Members

This is the kind of thread HCEG needs more of. Cool guitars and pics. Where'd you get to play them?

:thu:

I work for a vintage guitar dealer. These are only a fraction of all the guitars we have in stock right now.

• Members

It may have been all the mojo talking, but that LP jr was, dare I say, a life changing experience. The way it feels and the way its balanced is just something else. Never had a guitar that just felt like it was part of me when I played it. The resonance is unbelievable and it just plays like nothing I've ever picked up. I didn't even miss the neck pickup. the tone knob is all you need. I've also discovered I LOVE 50s baseball bat necks
:D

Don't get me wrong, the 335s were up there, too. But man... that LPjr..

i think this new job is creating a monster. and i like it. more, please.

• Members

i think this new job is creating a monster. and i like it. more, please.

:D:lol:

Go on the site and you guys can pick out any guitar you see and I'll snap a few pics and go into some detail about em for ya. We have some ridiculously cool stuff. I pretty much work in guitar heaven

• Members

Today I spent some time with some teles :D

Had kind of a slow day, so i got to have me some fun.

'76 Tele Ash custom

554685_3429621254454_524519607_n.jpg

Awesome neck on this guy. Not too thick, not too thin. The wide-range 'bucker is something else. smoother than creamy peanut butter.

And there was this '51 Nocaster reissue. wow. just, wow. You thought you've played a baseball bat neck? Think again. This thing may as well have been the whole maple tree! And I loved it! :rawk:

34i1qwy.jpg

• Members

Today I decided to have some semi-hollow fun :D

A 1980 (I believe) ES335 with Bill Lawrence PAFs :love: this thing SINGS! Really love the neck on this one. Small frets, but I started to dig it. Nice warm throaty tone, but it still has bite to it. I love when you can get that *snap from the neck pup

7185017745_cd885aafd4_c.jpg

Here's a pretty rare one -

a 1973 Les Paul Signature. This has some really cool PUPS in it. There's one universal volume pot, and one tone pot. The bottom pots are rotary switches. One switches between having the pups in or out of phase, and the other one lets you set the resistance of the pots on the fly from 50k to 200k to 500k. some REALLY cool sounds to be had out of this guy

7370251622_1e44d3dc42_c.jpg

And this G&L Legacy HB. Just cause I love G&L :D

7185017473_c543d77895_c.jpg

• Members

Today I decided to have some semi-hollow fun
A 1980 (I believe) ES335 with Bill Lawrence PAFs
:love:
this thing SINGS! Really love the neck on this one. Small frets, but I started to dig it. Nice warm throaty tone, but it still has bite to it. I love when you can get that *snap from the neck pup

7185017745_cd885aafd4_c.jpg

A 335 like that is tops on my GAS list right now. One day it will be mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

We were taking some pictures today because a local newspaper came and did a story on us :D

So we had some beaut's out

L to R top row:

mid 2000's LP Ultra, 1959 LP jr, 2012 Gretsch George Harrison, Gretsch Chet atkins, and another chet atkins

middle row:

2012 P bass, all original '65 jag, mid 2000 Custom shop strat, '72 Telecaster, '65 Jazzmaster, '57 reissue strat

Bottom row:

Larrivee anniversary model, PRS Mccarty Hollowbody I, Cant recall exactly what acoustic is right in the middle..., '72 SG, 1957 ES330 T

2exras6.jpg

• Members

We were taking some pictures today because a local newspaper came and did a story on us

So we had some beaut's out

L to R top row:

mid 2000's LP Ultra, 1959 LP jr, 2012 Gretsch George Harrison, Gretsch Chet atkins, and another chet atkins

middle row:

2012 P bass, all original '65 jag, mid 2000 Custom shop strat, '72 Telecaster, '65 Jazzmaster, '57 reissue strat

Bottom row:

Larrivee anniversary model, PRS Mccarty Hollowbody I, Cant recall exactly what acoustic is right in the middle..., '72 SG, 1957 ES330 T

2exras6.jpg

there is a lot to love in that picture~ thank you for sharing!

Archived