Drummer Faces

goreDNknot

• Members

I hate Lars SO much. He is such a weasel, i just want to bash his face in the second he opens his mouth. If he had the chops to back up his attitude, i wouldn't mind it so much but oh MAN he's such a snotty little bitch. I've heard from people that have worked with metallica that they've had to use techniques to make him sound more on time. He's all over the damn place, i can't even play along to fast metallica songs without throwing the headphones in disgust and wonder at what the hell the guy is doing. I've also heard that he's a pretty dumb guy in person and his whole intellectual wanna be attitude is all a front.

• Members

Originally posted by YamahaPaiste

You've got to be kidding!!! Does anyone have a {censored}in clue? I have been to Harmony for about 6 months and have yet to find something useful. What face should I make? Whats the best this whats the best that...Im a guitar player and am going to be the best drummer...what video should I watch....what sticks should I use.....what drums are the best....what cymbals for hard rock...what heads.........what are the best drums.......Neal Pert ROCKS!!!!! this one sucks........the BEST bass drum sound (stand on your head,{censored} your pants use a towel, mic both sides, reverse the phase, add compression, 3 types of reverb.....how do I get that ..sound, what do you guys think of...HEY LOOK AT ME!!!!!

my bands the best......look at my website site....wow...oh {censored}...forgot to learn how to play ............

Here is a {censored}ing answer for all of it !!!!!!

SHUT UP AND PRACTICE !!!!!!!

i completely agree - i swear i put up valid questions that i look to someone's experience for help with and i rarely get a useful answer if any - but when someone says "punk sucks" or "creed" - there's 3 pages worth of fighting and arguing about opinions - i have really lost respect for this thing lately

• Members

It's cause of interest and experience. If you're asking someone whether or not Peavey drums are any good, for instance, you're not going to get many replies, simply because many drummers have not used or even heard Peavey drums. But just about everyone has heard some punk rock, even if they listen to other stuff. Just about everyone has heard Creed, no matter what radio station they listen to.

• Members

If your a drummer and worry about your face then i say who cares drumming is a way to express yourself not impress others everyone does their own thing so.....:D:p:mad::eek::rolleyes: there are diffent styles and different people Be yourself dont worry about your looks enjoy your playing who agrees?

• Members

Coming from playing the guitar, I have to say that making faces is sometimes not only okay, it is essential! Especially if you're playing live and you get to a really kickass part that the audience is into!

With guitar, you do "guitar solo surprise" - you know, you're going up the neck like mad :eek: and your eyes get bigger and bigger, like 'holy crap, I can't believe I'm doing this'...

So why can't we do something akin to that? I mean, you don't HAVE to, of course, but those of us that want to - SHOULD!

• Members

Originally posted by Chabo

I watched a video of our band playing. I had my mouth closed, I didn't smile or show anything on my face, and my eyes wide open, but at least I didn't drool.

Watch Lars Ulrich play sometime; I was laughing at the facial expressions he had while he played the S&M thing. Had his tounge sticking out of the corner of his mouth sometimes.

Haha, he play's the most simple drumbeats with the most intense agressive look ever. HAHA. He's a comic!

• Members

Well, he does play pretty hard. I bet I'd be making faces if I was exerting myself that much. Other times, he's just grooving and getting into it, such as looking like a snake during the beginning of "Puppets."

• Members
Originally posted by Chabo

Well, he does play pretty hard. I bet I'd be making faces if I was exerting myself that much. Other times, he's just grooving and getting into it, such as looking like a snake during the beginning of "Puppets."

Doesn't take away the fact it's damn funny seeing lars ulrich can act :) OR whatever he does, it looks funy :) Sometimes he hits cymbals like it's a wall that must be broken. And his hihat, saw that one? It's almost above Lars' head. Speaking about HIGH hats ;)

Archived