Anyone have any experience with the Vox 1x10 Lil Night train extension cabinet?

kit_strong

• Members

If so, how's the build quality and sound?

I'm thinking a decent 1x10 closed back cab would be nice to run my Mesa through since the stock cabinet just overpowers the space it's in. Thought about getting something built via avatar or mojo tone but that's quite a bit more costly.

-Kit

• Members

I'd get this instead if I were you.

Definitely a contender. Used to have a Little Giant half stack but sold it a couple of years ago. I can't really comment on it's quality since I rather sucked back then.

• Members

All I can add is that I bought the extension cab for the Night Train which comes 1x12 with a Celestion Greenback, - and I'm not all that thrilled by that cabinet. It just doesn't necessarily sound big for a 1x12 or particularly deep. It's not that it's bad, it just hasn't inspired my love. Now this weekend I was jamming with my stepson, both of us mixed into one new little Orange Micro Terror head, and into an 18 year old Peavey Bandit extension cab w 1x12 Sheffield, and it sounded much more impressive coming out of that Peavey cab than the Micro Terror had sounded previously through my Night Train cab. But, there is something about that cab and the Night Train amp head when combined that creates a certain type of pretty cool amp tone, i.e. a smaller "Vox-y" tone. (I do have some hope that maybe that Night Train cab might sound better with more break in time)

Point being that I don't think the 'lil NT cab would fare much better.

I think a well made closed back cab might be worth the extra bucks. Plus that way you can also pick your speaker. :thu:

Archived