Wuhan splashes and crashes...

Temple of Light

• Members

I have a 10" splash and a 14" china. The china sounds great, I'm thinking of putting a few rivets in it to create a little more spread. The splash I returned, it just wasn't very musical to my ears. A friend of mine also has that splash and i don't like the sound of his either. For me U.F.I.P. makes thr best splashes, they are spendy though. Happy shopping. :cool:

• Members

eh. the splashes and crashes sound sweet, but like "effects" sweet, not cymbal sweet. They're terrible if used exclusively, but the crashes fit really well if you want a "china" type sound without so much "wang" (not penis, wang) They're either really trashy crashes or really smooth chinas, I haven't decided. The spashes are nice and breathy. Very good splashes, but, my favorite splash is the Zildjian Oriental Trash splash, so interpret my remarks accordingly.

The new S series or whatever, with the brilliant finish, has a mightily Turkish old K sound, but with a bit more "trash" to it. Some find it nice, but I prefer Euro-sounding "smooth" cymbals, like Paiste Signatures.

• Members

wuhan cymbals are all hand made so each one will have a different sound to them. I have a 10" splash and a 14" china and i'll bet i listend to twenty 10" splashes before i found one i really liked. And probably 10 different 14" china's.

This is one reason i will never ever mail order cymbals. Or anything else for that matter.

jeff

Archived